Thursday, November 8, 2012

Two New Chaos Lists

These two lists build off of the 'core' list I presented in my previous post.  The new lists posted here will all be 2000 point lists as that's what I usually like to play.

Here is the 'core' 1371 point list from my previous post.

HQ -
Warpsmith with Burning Brand of Skalathrax.
140 points

Elites -
5 chosen with 2 flamers
in rhino with havoc launcher
147 points

Helbrute with twin-linked lascannon and missile launcher
135 points

Troops -
9 marines autocannon and plasma gun
1 champion with meltabombs
in rhino with havoc launcher
217 points

9 marines autocannon and plasma gun
1 champion with meltabombs
in rhino with havoc launcher
217 points

9 marines missile launcher and flamer
1 champion with meltabombs
165 points

Fast attack -
4 Raptors with 2 meltaguns
1 champion with meltabombs
120 points

Heavy Suport -
Predator with autocannon and 2 lascannon sponsons
115

Predator with autocannon and 2 lascannon sponsons
115


My first list presented below follows up on the previous list.  It adds new units and modifies the Chosen squad from the above list.  It doesn't have any fliers nor any answers to fliers beyond what the previous list had, but it does include models I currently own.  I also don't have any regular opponents with fliers so this list will be my most common list moving forward.

HQ -
Warpsmith with Burning Brand of Skalathrax.
140 points

Elites -
5 chosen with 2 flamers and 3 plasma guns
1 champion
in rhino with havoc launcher
210 points

Helbrute with twin-linked lascannon and missile launcher
135 points

Troops -
9 marines autocannon and plasma gun
1 champion with meltabombs
in rhino with havoc launcher
217 points

9 marines autocannon and plasma gun
1 champion with meltabombs
in rhino with havoc launcher
217 points

9 marines missile launcher and flamer
1 champion with meltabombs
165 points

9 marines missile launcher and flamer
1 champion with meltabombs
165 points

9 cultists one with a flamer and 8 with autoguns
1 champion
63 points

9 cultists one with a flamer, one with pistol and ccw and 7 with autoguns
1 champion with a shotgun
64 points

Fast attack -
4 Raptors with 2 meltaguns
1 champion with meltabombs
120 points

4 Raptors with 2 meltaguns
1 champion with meltabombs
120 points

Heavy Suport -
Predator with autocannon and 2 lascannon sponsons
115 points

Predator with autocannon and 2 lascannon sponsons
115 points

7 Havocs with 4 autocannons
1 champion
154 points

This list has 19 heavy weapons so it almost sticks with my 'one heavy weapon per 100 points' mantra.  

It also has 6 troops choices.  Two of those choices are cheap cultists units which will either just sit in the backfield to claim objectives or stay in reserve and then move on later in the game to take backfield objectives.  

The Havocs are added in for additional long range dakka which should reliably kill a transport a turn or simply dish out enough fire power to kill lots of infantry every turn.

I added a second Raptor squad to help dealing with line of sight issues.  They can jump around buildings and things and still get shots on those pesky vehicles that decide to use terrain for their advantage as they move towards me.

The addition of 3 plasma guns and an extra body in the Chosen squad allows that squad to emerge from their rhino and obliterate a tough hth unit that gets too close.  I had issues in a recent game with a squad of Khorne Berzerkers and I feel this chosen squad should be able to deal with a rock-hard hth unit.  There is no such thing as overkill when you have insane berserkers in your face.

This list ends up to be seemily flexible with a lot of firepower and the ability to deal with units at long range and units at short range both vehicles and infantry.  


The above list still doesn't adequetely address fliers and I have thought long and hard about that puzzle.  There is always the aegis defense line with the quad gun, but I have a hard time adding a unit that needs another unit to man it to work and there is also Flakk missiles but they are quite expensive points-wise. 

Then there is the solution of other fliers.  I have had tough times fitting them in, but I think I hit on something with this next list.  

HQ -
Sorceror with Mark of Tzeentch and Mastery level 2
100 points

Elites -
5 chosen with 2 flamers
in rhino with havoc launcher
147 points

Helbrute with missile launcher
110 points

Troops -
9 marines Heavy Bolter and plasma gun
1 champion with meltabombs
in rhino with havoc launcher
217 points

9 marines Heavy Bolter and plasma gun
1 champion with meltabombs
in rhino with havoc launcher
217 points

9 marines missile launcher and flamer
1 champion with meltabombs
165 points

9 marines missile launcher and flamer
1 champion with meltabombs
165 points

Fast attack -
Heldrake with Hades Autocannon
170 points

Heavy Suport -
Predator with autocannon and 2 Heavy Bolter sponsons
95

Predator with autocannon and 2 lascannon sponsons
115

Allied Guard - 

HQ - 
Company Command Squad with flamer and Company Commander with a bolt pistol
57 points

9 Veterans with Heavy Bolter
1 Sargent with bolt pistol
82 points

2 Vendettas in a Squadron
260 points

For the above list I swapped the Warpsmith for a Level 2 Sorceror of Tzeentch.  This lowers the points cost of the HQ to 100 points.  Also by dropping one weapon off the Helbrute and downgrading one Predator to heavy bolter sponsons, I have saved a bit of points.  I then dropped the Raptors because I no longer need them to jump around terrain getting shots at things out of line of sight.

The 2 Vendettas and the Heldrake allow me to not only hit other fliers but also shoot units out of line of sight of the rest of my army.  They also allow me to concentrate more anti-vehicle fire over to them allowing my ground forces to be able to focus on anti-infantry.  

I swapped the autocannons in the 2 marine squads for heavy bolters.  They are both the same points cost so this is kind of an experiment, I could swap back to autocannons and not worry about changing the points cost of those units.  

I have only 5 troops choices in the above list, I think that should be sufficient if my fire power proves to be powerful enough to stop the opponent on the ground.

This is my more tournament-ready list.


So any thoughts on the above lists?

No comments:

Post a Comment