Friday, April 23, 2021

The Iron Angels Orlock Gang

 I finished the Iron Angels Orlock gang yesterday!


I was also able to play a new scenario yesterday from the Book of Iron called "Big Bar Brawl".   Its a pretty fun missions where all of your gangers leave their weapons and armour at the door and just have to bash each other with their bare fists!


The scenario changes up the game pretty significantly.  There are two Phases before the End Phase.  There is the Drinking Phase and the Fighting Phase.  In the Drinking Phase you choose whether you want to drink or stagger with your fighters and if you drink you put a drunk marker next to the fighter and it keeps that marker for the rest of the game.  Each drunk marker adds 1 to that fighters toughness but also adds one to its WS making it more difficult to hit the enemy but its also more impervious to damage.

In the Fight Phase you can move or charge basically.  This is where drinking or staggering from the previous phase comes into play.  If you staggered then you should be in range to charge in the Fight Phase but if you drank then if you get charges you will have bigger chance to survive.

Anyways, that's basically the scenario.  Its actually pretty fun and I recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried it yet.

I played against Goliaths last night and you would think they would have the advantage because they are more built for close combat tan Orlocks but I ended up winning because of a combination of poor dice at certain times by my opponent, Eth, and good dice by me but also I did try and gang up on his Goliaths and that seemed to help.  When you can assist and run interference, it really help sin this scenario because you don't really have much else you can do.

This scenario is really interesting because it could allow you to use special skills that aren't normally used.  Eth and I are considering using this in a campaign where we have specialized fighters that can excel in these situations.


Now I want to show off the models I finished yesterday.  I finished them just in time because tomorrow I have a mini-campaign I am playing in.  Hopefully we can get three games in and I will try and take pictures and share them here.


Road Captain Angelica Tuffnow, Duke Tuffnow's cousin



Arms Master Bull MacFee


Road Sergeant Rad Gruffhouse


Wrecker Fio Tuffnow, Angelica's sister


From left to right; brothers Krak and Xak Frakker, Frimm X-Aspo


The plan is to take lots of pictures this weekend and write up a report next week.


Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! I am glad to be back. This last year has been awful and I am looking forward to better times.

    ReplyDelete