Wednesday, May 11, 2022

The Seven Sump Seas Pirate Adventures Campaign

 About 6 weeks ago we started what I like to call the Seven Sump Seas Pirate Adventures Necromunda Campaign.  We didn't have a strong structure when we started, it was originally just going to be a once a month game set in the sump using the Book of the Sump rules.

The first game night was during the Downtime week of the Outlander Campaign I was running.  

It was a great night of games!  We played two scenarios which we made up on the spot.  The idea was that I would have my big Ship (the Revenge) with my full Pirate crew on it.  We had 7 other players I believe and they had only 3 gangers and they had to make it to my ship.  The first 3 gangs to make it onto my ship would be on my team.  We used the entire table which is about a 3' x 14' table.

My Ship is not yet painted and the gang was only partly painted at this point.

Here are some pics from that game:

The "Revenge" starts docked.

Here's a better shot of the "Revenge".

An outcast Ganger is climbing the crane trying to get to the ship as it leaves dock.

As the Revenge starts moving a member of a Palatine Enforcer gang leaps 
onto the deck from the crane, following the Outcast ganger's lead.

Another outcast tries to jump onto the ship's poop deck as it sail close 
to some submerged piles of refuse.

The last gang to get a member on the ship is an Escher gang whose ganger used their grapnel launcher to hurdle themselves through the air from a tower onto the Revenge's forward deck.

At the end of this first game I had my team, Eschers, Outcast, Enforcers.  This team will be used on the once-monthly games.  During the regular weekly campaign we've split the main group into two smaller groups of 4 and 3 gangs which will be doing their own smaller campaigns.

Game 2 was a boat race.  I took the huge Revenge off of the table and we rearranged a few pieces and then deployed a number of small boats to use as our racing boats.

Here are some pics from the boat race game:










My boat with Captain Bonney Steve Bonnet the Gentleman Pirate won!  Our team split the profits and we each ended up with 70 credits.

3 weeks later we played our second game.  This time it was the Great Sump Spider Hunt!  The objective was just to have everyone hunting various Sump creatures to make some money.  We had several huge Great Sump Spiders and a number of other beasties like Sump Crocs that were being hunted.  Here are some pics:












The Sump at night.

Well this blog post is definitely long enough.  Next time I will show off Captain Steve Bonnet and his crew and I will have a battle report from our first 4-player game in our 4-player Sump Sea campaign.

Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment