Friday, March 12, 2010

What armies do I play and why?

This post is about the armies I've chosen to play and why.

I have a huge Iron Warriors army totaling around 12,000 points.
I started building this army when the first Index Astartes article about the Iron Warriors was printed in White Dwarf. I can't remember when that was but maybe 8 years ago or so. They just captured my imagination. I liked the idea of a Chaos Marine army devoid of daemons, an army that was very similar to an imperial space marine army except they hated the Imperium and wanted to tear it all down. They excel in siege warfare and bring big guns and lots of marines and tanks to the battlefield.

That was my vision for the army, a huge mechanized marine force, with big guns. I think I've hit the nail on the head with my army. One thing to note, I only have 6 Obliterators and only 4 are painted in Iron Warriors colors. I never cheesed out the army list with the 3.5 Chaos Codex like alot of people did. I have never played in a game where I took all 6 Oblits that was under 5,000 points. In fact, at 5,000 points I usually only take 4.











Now a days, this army is just not as effective as it used to be. Its not really a competitive army at 2,000 points or below. The new chaos codex has gutted the flavor and options the old one has, and I've grown a bit weary of playing them, that's why I've branched out recently into new armies.



Stay tuned for the next post.....Traitor Guard.

No comments:

Post a Comment