Monday, April 24, 2017

Hero Forge Miniatures

While I am working on a couple of new posts, I figured I would share with you a new web site a buddy of mine showed me.

Hero Forge Custom Miniatures!

Here is the link: Hero Forge

They make custom miniatures.  Their website doesn't work on mobile devices, unfortunately, but the website allows you to build a miniature from scratch!

The first thing you will want to do is create a free account so that you can make a mini and then save it so that in the future you can have it printed.

They have a number of attributes on the right side of the page that allow you to pick what type of Genre, Race, Head, Body, Clothing, Items, Base, Mount, Pose and Material.

Basically there are a bunch of premade options for each of the above categories to build your miniature.  There are four types of materials; Premium Plastic, Nylon Plastic, Steel and Bronze

The Premium Plastic is $29.99 and really is your best bet for a few one-off minis for either RPGs or special characters in war games like Warhammer 40,000.

I am currently in 2 different Shadowrun games, two different Pathfinder games and a Dark Heresy game where I am the GM.  So I decided to make a few minis.  Now I haven't gotten them made yet but I probably will at some point.

Another cool thing is that you can take screen shots of the minis, so here are the screen shots of the ones I have made:

Interrogator Crassius Lorne

Pathfinder Dwarf Fighter Gruenor Bryngyr

Female Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor

Shadowrun Magician Wyatt Duane Munro

The above are the four minis I made recently and all of them are for RPGs but could easily be used in wargames.  The minis you can make really can be used for a multitude of systems.  You can get models that fit a theme and with some conversion work once you get the mini or with a proper paint job, these will easily fit in whatever setting you want them to be in.

I recommend this site for anyone that wants to make a one-off mini (and no they didn't pay me for this review).


And next time I will have another battle report on my 2nd game of Shadow War: Armageddon!

Until then...

2 comments: