So it appears no one in my gaming group has as of yet stepped up to run the big game. I threw in my services if people want them. I figured I'd post up something on here about some ideas I have.
6th Ed and the Future Thoughts for the game:
- 6th Edition is here and I want to use its allies rules for the big game because they make everything easier from an organizer's stand point.
- 6th Edition also has rules for flyers, so that annual debate about what rules to use can be settled once and for all.
- We always allow Forgeworld and with their new supplement for fliers we are good on that front.
- I have a feeling there will be many new releases from Forgeworld and GW before this year's big game so I will have to account for that.
- I like the idea of adding Fortifications both the ones in the main rulebook and perhaps new ones the players create or ones that I create for the scenario. This is a great addition that GW threw at us gamers to develop and make our own.
Existing Terrain thoughts:
- I have built large walls which I used in my previous big game and could use in the new one (in a much less prominent role).
- I built tunnel terrain for my Book of the Arbitrator campaign.
- I have been working on new high-tech walls and other small pieces of terrain for zone mortalis/boarding action scenarios.
- My friend Joe has plenty of buildings and hills and forests.
- My friend Dale also has lots of Orky terrain.
Existing Armies of friends:
- Sisters of Battle
- Black Templars, Blood Angels, Space Wolves, Grey Knights, various Vanilla Marine codex armies
- Orks, Tyranids, Eldar, and Dark Eldar
- Chaos Marines and Daemons
- not much Tau really.
- Imperial Guard with tons of flyers and ground pounding guard.
- Warhound Titans, Eldar Titan, Ork Stompas, Thunderhawks, Baneblades
- Ork Flyers
With this being said I have some things I want to try to do.
- World clock - meaning not everyone is always on the same turn. (this is an idea and may not happen)
- Different areas are different 'scenes'
- Multiple objectives in each area that are 'interactive'
- Multiple objectives for each player some of which may be random some of which may be chosen by the player and some of which may be secret.
- World effects - effects that happen simultaneously across all 'scenes' because of an event (like a particular objective is taken or destroyed).
- Multiple teams as opposed to one team versus one team we could have 3 teams like Chaos, Imperial, and Xenos each with their own goals.
So with these things written down here I will let them stew in my mind and yours for awhile. If anyone has any ideas or comments please share them with me below.