Thursday, September 27, 2012

Its been awhile....

So I haven't posted anything in quite a while.  I apologize to anyone out there who reads this blog but I have been very busy the last couple of months.

I will get back to posting regularly very soon.

With all of the new stuff coming out for 40k I will have lots to talk about in the next month.

Some things that have been on my mind:

- New Chaos Codex.
   I am very excited about this.  It looks like the Iron Warriors will be back in a big way.  I am very curious    about the options that the War(p)smith gets.  If he can take different weapons besides a power axe I will be quite happy.  I also hope I can take a War(p)smith as the compulsory HQ choice so I don't need to take a chaos lord.  If I can the Warsmith Morgoth will come out of retirement so long as he can keep his lightning claws.  I will update the model with Mechadendrites and I think it will look really cool.

  I also have been eyeing up the new Daemon Engines and have been thinking about some conversions to do to them.  I am not 100% happy with the looks of those models right out of the box so I have some ideas on how to use the kits.  I want to get some legs from a Defiler and put them on the Forgefiend and give him the 2 hades autocannons.  The Dragon I want to convert to look more like the Forgeworld Hellblade/Helltalon and either use the Forgeworld rules or the GW rules.  I won't know until I can look at the codex.

   I am excited for cheaper Chaos Marines and to a lesser extent Cultists.  I have been adding guardsmen to my traitor guard and may just use allies instead of cultists.  Again I have to wait and see what the codex has in it.

  I also heard rumor of a fortification upgrade in the codex and I can't wait to see what it is.

- Horus Heresy Forgeworld Books
  I am planning on picking up all of these books eventually.  If I field an army out of them it will probably be Iron Warriors.  I will probably only buy the Perturabo Model.

- New projects
  I have been assembling Khorne Berzerkers and Khorne Terminators for my Skulltakers warband based on the Siege of Vraks books.  I bought the Lord Zhufor model from forgeworld and he is assembled and almost ready to be primed.

  I also have been working on more traitor guard for my Iron Warriors.  I have 3 Chimeras and am looking to buy more from a buddy of mine along with a Vendetta.  I bought a Forgeworld Vendetta upgrade kit at Gen Con.  I have three squads that are mostly done that will be mounted in the chimeras.


I am going to take some pictures of some of these projects soon and will post them hopefully this weekend.

Look for more posts soon...

1 comment:

  1. Good to see a new post! It will inspire me to post on my blog as well. Glad to hear you are working on so much stuff... very exciting.

    ReplyDelete