Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Ash Wastes Weekend After-Action Report Part 1

 This past weekend 12 of us got together to play a weekend-long Necromunda campaign.  We had people from 4 different states come together and play a minimum of 6 games each over three days.  It turned out really well and all of us got along quite well even though everyone hadn't even met everyone else before.

A big shoutout to Farmer Joe for putting everything together!  It was a fantastic idea and it was a really well-run event!

I was going to take some video as well as photos of the whole event but I really wasn't sure how to go about it and I really wasn't too excited to actually cover the event using video.  Myself and my good friend Eth are trying to start up a YouTube channel and one idea was to take some footage of the event for the channel.  I ended up with some footage of one game I played and video of each gang's display board.  Once we have some good video and I have time to do some editing the YouTube channel will go live and I will link to it from this blog.

Now that the event is over I actually have a good idea of how I would have covered it and I am now excited to actually cover an event with video in the future.  I think I would have done a video walkthrough on each day stopping at each game as it was being played and zoom around the battlefield I also would have interviewed each participant, provided they would have been ok with that.  Next time...

So let me first start my coverage with a picture of my finished gang that I brought to the event on its display board.

In the packet behind my display board is the story of my gang along with the list of fighters and vehicles and the reserve fighters that I could recruit as the campaign goes along in theory.  I never hired any of the reserves mainly because I didn't have time to finish painting them before the event.  I brought them with along with paints and tried finishing them Friday night but I was just burned out and never finished painting them.  Here is the gang list:


I grouped the vehicle crew with the rest of the gangers and I put the vehicles in a separate section just for organizational purposes even though the vehicles and crew are all a part of the extra 400 credit allowance for vehicles.

I have set up a spot in my basement to take pictures of miniatures and I am still working on getting it right but here are some pics of my gang from my new photo taking spot.

This is from Game 3 but I thought it showed off the Boom Wagon pretty well.





Bubba Zanetti


May Swaisey



Charlie and Scrooloose

Sprog


The Night Rider



The Twins


The Toe Stubber


Vinny The Fixer


Wolf Quad



Here are some pictures of the other gangs:

Ash Wastes Nomads

Chaos Helots

Enforcers

House Ulanti Outcasts

Orlocks

Orlocks

Outcast Gang

Squats

Another picture of the Squat Gang

Van Saar

Venerators




This post has become a lot longer than I thought it would so I am cutting it off here.  Next time I will have battle Reports and hopefully video links.

Until then......

No comments:

Post a Comment