Thursday, April 17, 2014

Minotaur Flyers and Army lists for the weekend

I've been working on my Storm Wing for my Minotaur Space Marines.  I have two Storm Talons assembled as you can see below:


I am going with lascannons because even though they have strafing run, I want these to hunt other flyers.  I want them to shoot them down no matter what their armour is.

I didn't include the little sensor spines on their backs or their front landing treads on purpose.  I like the way they look right now.  If you look inside their cockpits, you will notice no pilots.  I will be painting the canopies so you can't see inside and I will save the bits for future projects.

Below is my current progress on my Storm Raven:


I am going to have the landing gear up just like my Storm Talons.  This one will be kitted out with twin-linked lascannons and twin-linked multimeltas.

The giant air intake on the top of the Storm Raven will not be included on my model.  The turret with windows will not be on this either.  I have never liked the look of those two features.

My plan is to use an automated turret on the top.  I really like the look of the Forgeworld Razor Back turrets and I may go that route.

I will keep the blog updated as I work on these more.

With that being said, this weekend I will be playing at least one game at my friend's house.  I want to use my Knight and he wants to try to take it out.

Here is a list I was thinking of bringing:

Space Marines (Minotaurs Chapter Tactics) 2500 points.

HQ -

Asterion Moloc Chapter Master of the Minotaurs
235 pts.

ELITES -

9 Vanguard Vets
1 Sarg with power axe and meltabombs
210 pts.

Ironclad Dreadnought
135

Ironclad Dreadnought
135

TROOPS -

9 marines - flamer
1 sarg - power sword melta bombs
in rhino
200

9 marines - flamer
1 sarg - power sword melta bombs
in rhino
200

9 marines - meltagun
1 sarg - power fist
in rhino
210

9 marines - meltagun
1 sarg - power fist
in rhino
210

FAST -

Land Speeder - Typhoon missile launcher and heavy bolter
75

Land Speeder - Typhoon missile launcher and heavy bolter
75

Heavy Support -

Predator - Autocannon and 2 heavy bolters
95

Predator - Autocannon and 2 heavy bolters
95

Land Raider Redeemer with Multimelta
250

ALLIES -

Imperial Knight Paladin
375


I am still trying to figure out how best to use the Minotaurs with their new chapter tactics.  I don't know how well this list will work but it will probably work better if he is playing with Space Marines, which he may do.

I will take pictures and post something next week about this weekend.

Until then.....

1 comment:

  1. This is a different friend than me, right? Just checkin' cause I got you down for the 27th.

    ReplyDelete